Amazed! When we looked at the house to purchase, I thought how clean it looked, with the exception of cobwebs in the one closet. I thought I would go over to the house for a few hours to clean what I could, and it seemed as though every where I looked there was more dirt. Every single drawer or cupboard had gunk on the bottom of them, so I scrubbed and scrubbed at them to get them cleaned up, all while wondering what the heck they did to get them so nasty.
The sink is huge and awesome, under the cupboard I found a basin that you can use fitting half of the sink, and also a grate that fits the entire bottom. They were really nasty! The basin had what looked to me to be drywall mud caked on the top edges. The grate was filmed with something sticky, like old grease?? What a great feature to have in a sink once it is cleaned up enough to use. I thought I would fill the bottom of the sink to let the grate soak for a bit, but the sink plug didn't fit quite right so maybe we'll need a replacement?? Although I don't know how often I would plug the entire sink, maybe we'll wait.
I had to clean a toilet to use, so I cleaned the two toilets upstairs and one of the sinks. There is a lot of tile in the main bathroom, it will be fun to tear out when the time comes. We are going to combine the two bathroom at some point as they have a half bath in the master which doesn't make any sense to us. There is also a window where the bathtub is. I did ask the home inspector about it, and he seemed to indicate that it was common and to just put a shower curtain over it to keep it from getting wet.
I did go down to check out the status of the basement. All evidence of the leak was gone, although it did look as though they shampooed the carpet. Moose doesn't yet feel comfortable going up and down the stairs, we'll have to keep coaxing him to do so, as I think we'll spend time in both levels. Laundry is in the basement, so, I be down there a bit. I also am going to set up the one room as my sewing room, so I definitely will be down there.
So I had to stop cleaning as it was getting dark and I am too short to pull the string to turn the lights on, so I came on home. Tomorrow is another day and I will be armed with more tools and a stool! Ironically in the garage I saw a broom and dust pan, and I had one set to go with me but walked out of the apartment without it. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment