Well, Thursday we signed papers on our Kentucky home, which has a nice barn and 5 acres. We did a "walk through" Wednesday, which I thought would be pointless and as we walked throughout the house I was wondering again the point of doing so in a home that has been empty for the past 6 months. We went down to the basement and during which I smelled muskiness that wasn't present in prior times we visited. Looking around once we got down the stairs, we saw that they had the carpet braced up with wood and fans blowing on and under it. We saw a carpet shampooer in the pump room, and were wondering where the water came from, and they obviously have taken care of it as there wasn't water sitting anywhere, but something leek.
Our realtor is out of the country on vacation and his associate was there with us, so she called to see if he was aware of anything, and of course he was not. A few calls back and forth we learned that the pump regulator had broke, and had been fixed, but we didn't know the details or how it was fixed. This is Kentucky and I didn't know if a wiggle or screw fixed it, with the offer of the realtor to have one of his guys check it out, he confirmed that the pressure gauge had been replaced, which we knew wasn't working when we had the inspector go though the house. Glad it happened and they took care of it before it became ours, we wouldn't want to think of it as a bad purchase right off the bat. ;)
The wad of keys we received was unexpected, don't know what they all go to, but I guess we'll have fun figuring it all out. Cable to be installed on Thursday, and I have to call about scheduling the carpet installation and removal that I ordered earlier this week. Bonus, we saw several bags of charcoal in the loft of the barn so, I think we are set for grilling for the summer, or a couple. Jess just scored 4 20lb bags for just 10 dollars, and I had bought two 15lbs before thinking they were the ones that were on sale, but it wasn't the same stuff.
So the boxing begins, I have been reluctant to do so, as I don't want to pull stuff out of boxes needing them before the official move, but maybe I can get stuff boxed and moved and set up in the house as we go, and then I'll make due here in the apartment for now. I want to move right this minute but know we need to get the new carpet installed first and it is much easier to do so with empty rooms.
I'll also need to go clean the place before unboxing; not that it looks unclean, but I won't feel comfortable if I didn't do so. The kitchen is bare floor, laminate, I think, so I can fill the cupboards any time. I guess we need to get new locks too, Jess said that he has to see what kind we need first, hopefully that won't be a big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment