Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

rough weekend.

Disappointed.  Sad.  Relief.  Failure.  All the feeling that have come from the sale of all of Mom and Dad's possessions.  Due to a catastrophic storm, and lack of advertising, the turn out of people was rather low.  At the beginning of the day stuff had been stolen, and then the auction started, with things selling for very little, I had to distance myself from there.  Disappointed.

The Guitars did sell around the appraisal value so I am satisfied with the outcome of them.  Sad.

Then came the house, very hard decision to make selling it, as we thought it would bring it a bit more.  We could have sat on it, putting it on the market but then we would have had to maintain it and who knows if we could have gotten more or if it would have taking a long time to sell.  Relief.

All we got from the contents after all expenses were taken out was only a couple thousand dollars.  The toys, guitars and machines, made about that themselves.  Failure.

*****************************

So God tells us that we shouldn't hang onto material things.  I have to just let it all go.  Hard couple of sleepless nights, feeling that I have failed my family.  Were our decisions wrong, could have we done better?

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Sorry you were feeling that way! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.