Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shopping

While staying in my old house I had to visit shops I'd grown fond of over time:

I went to some of my favorite places up north this past week as the guys worked on the house to get it ready for siding.  One day I went to the Silver Cross Catholic Book Store where I got presents for past events, my Godson's First Communion and Nieces Confirmation, oddly I got them both jewelry. 

Then I had to go to my favorite ice cream shop up the road, where I got a chocolate malt milkshake which I finished before going to the beloved St. Mary's Bernina Center.  Unfortunately, I saw a sign on the window saying they were going out of business, fortunately for me, everything was half price.  Including Machines, I didn't need a machine as the one I have works just fine.  I did want to add a few features which I would have needed to bring my machine up for and they didn't have in stock.  They did have a machine there that had such features included.  Also they were selling the chairs and were expressing how they can sew all day sitting in them and not tire but going home to other chairs they do, so I bought two of them as my DH expressed that his chair isn't comfortable.  They looked almost new, and they said that they get rotated as they sell them and order new, so they aren't as old as the store of just 5 years.

I have been wanting a binding attachment since I saw a video on how to use it, I do bind some and want to be able to quickly make stuff and they had one on the shelf but it was only a quarter inch.  They had 3/8 in their stuff they have tried, and gave me 25% off, so that was something as they are very expensive.  I have plans to grow "washcloth" squash, and make luffa sponge washcloths to sell or give away, just love the nature of them.

I had to buy some fat quarters, to do what with?  I don't know, as I just love their fabric... upon returning home I did look up the print and I can get it at the local quilt shop so if I figure out what to make I can purchase more easily.  

On Friday, I got to go shopping with Jodie, as we had to get food for the party, we had a surprise 60th birthday party for Mom/ 40th anniversary party for Mom and Dad.  So I got to show her my favorite little soap shop, two women started to be able to get together once in a while as they weren't spending enough time and thought a project of making soap for friends would bring them together more, and then they received requests from those friends and ended up opening a shop, and are very busy now.  All the soap is made in the loft of the store.  Together we bought Mom a bag of goodies of lavender.


No comments: