Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lacking in my duty

I am supposed to be boxing up the apartment, but since I do not know when the potential date of move will be I fear boxing things I need.  So each day Jesse "teases" me about not packing anything.  I haven't just been sitting around either, although Pinterest keeps capturing my attention lately!  Sorry, that would just be an excuse for my laziness.  Anyhow, I have been doing lots of laundry, as our water bill here makes no difference as to how much we use, so I have been taking advantage of washing bed linens, rugs, towels, and of course clothes.  Today I did box some stuff that was sitting around I know I will not be using, along with towels and rugs.  Those darn rugs made such a mess of my washer, I have to wait for Jesse to come home and clean out the lint from around the drum, as I just cannot reach it.  I want to strip and bag the spare bed so that it ready to move.  Pillows and blankets too, as we aren't using those this time of year.  I really should be tackling the papers and computer items, but that seems a bit over whelming, I will get there though.  

Tomorrow I will be spending the day at the house as the internet will be installed between 8 and 5 and the carpet begins to be installed at 10am.  I have to be at work at 5:30 so I hope they all are done with time to spare.  If I am cut short on time I am not sure what I will do with Moose as he will be at the house with me and cannot go to work with me.  I am not sure he will be comfortable staying at the house by himself, although he will have to start some time.  If so, my day will be really long as I don't get back to the apartment until after 8 and if I have to go pick up Moose it will be much later.

I am going to try and load the car with a bunch of stuff that can be taken over in the morning, so I can unload and put away.  My ultimate goal is to unbox as fast as we bring it in so that I don't have boxes sitting around.  I am so tired of seeing boxes, as I have done so since moving out of my first house.  The decision I will have to make is what to do with all the stuff I decide is no longer need.  The kitchen is big enough that I should be able to fit everything into it nicely, and the storage room in the basement will work well for my larger items and bulk things.

I need to take some pictures when I am over there tomorrow so I can post them and can show progress.  I only have a few cupboard to wash down to be finished in the kitchen, then I will move to the bathroom and do those, and then the floors will need mopping.  The floors had a lot of dirt when I swept, but that might be due to people walking through the house to potentially purchase.  Along with a tape measure, maybe I can figure out when to put things.  List, lists, lists... got lots of them now.

No comments: