Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Names

At the pool last night, I had a quite a few new people, and a lot of regulars, in fact I had more than ever in the pool at once, and I even ran out of equipment.  I have enough for 20 people, one person I gave different equipment to, and I had imaginary equipment.  I like having big classes, they seem to go faster, than the small ones; I suppose it is because I feed off of the enthusiasm of others and you get more from more people.  It could also be that there are always new people in the bigger classes and I coach them a bit more and make them feel welcome by talking to them as the class go on to give them a one on one feel.

A mother and daughter came and I introduced myself as I do to all new people and asked their names along with the other 4 new people, as the class took  place, I corrected the mothers posture, calling her by name.  The daughter asked me how many classes her mother has attended.  I told her, "none, in fact, I have never seen her before in my life".  She then deducts, "oh, so your good with names."  I respond, "yes, Lisa, I am good with names."

My knees have been bothering me for a few weeks now, and I noticed that the bootcamp class that I teach second, tends to pull my knee, so I have been taking it easy and even skipped a few classes.  Having 4 new people to that class I decided to get in.  For some reason, people don't think I am capable of doing the exercises, and showing them in the water helps with a positive attitude towards them.  Anyhow, I decided to use a more buoyant barbell, and to my amazement it actually helped with the pull on my knees, not sure the concept yet... either it caused a change in my center point, or it slowed my movement down, or both?  I'll have to give it more thought.

Today, the day after, I am still feeling pretty good.  My back is even doing good, as it usually is painful stiff the day after the class.   It could also be that I am just being more aware of my movement and the effect it has on my body as I am doing the exercises.  Maybe I am talking more and exercising less as I am making sure people are following instructions.

I did get compliments from / through one of the new girls, she told me that the other ladies were praising my skill of teaching class in the locker room after the first class.  I sent two new girls  in to get water as they did the first class and I wanted to make sure they hydrated before the second.

No comments: