Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Road trip

We went up to the lake to pick up big blue, my tractor pappy had.  We borrowed a trailer from one of the guys that Jess works with.  The left side lights didn't work, and the hitch insert was too high, cause the back of the trailer was merely inches from the ground and bottomed out in places, like our driveway.  

It was our anniversary and I made scallops, actually I made coquilles St.  Jacques mornay, using a recipe... I thought it turned out well.  I did get Jess to eat before getting involved with fixing the trailer.

We went to a local farm store to get parts, and  I saw a sign on a bucket saying everything you could fit into a bucket, was 20% off.  When I went to the counter I asked about it and was told that the sale was only Saturday and Sunday.  

In the morning, we realized that the ball didn't fit in the hitch insert, apparently class 5 has a bigger hole.  So we went back to the farm store, and I told Jesse we should return the stuff from the night before and get it for the 20%off.  He wasn't keen but I convinced him and knew and explained that my mom would have done so, he said I could handle the return.  No problem, I don't mind at all.

I also got a cute bucket.  Long story to say I saved a few bucks.  

When getting fuel before the store, I bought us breakfast sandwiches and figured we would eat them once we got on the road.  

When Jess needed me to move the truck to get the trailer on the ball, I found moose with the last crumbs of one of the sandwiches.  Was more impressed that he drug the bag to Jesse seat, and unwrapped the sandwich to devour it.  He had a bit of egg still, and I made him eat it since he stole it.  Added to the late start we got, the trip wasn't starting the best.  It was supposed to rain until 1:00 so, I didn't see the rush to get there anyhow.  

I thought we made pretty good time getting there before 4:00.  


No comments: