Welcome!

Reading about all the crazy events in my life might be worth it, or just too boring to continue, you decide.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gardening is just awesome

Sure Gardening can be a lot of work at times, but it is also very rewarding. I got the garden in pretty late this year and still have a few more things to put in once they are big enough, given I don't neglect them waiting. I planted Seeds last Wednesday and check out how much things have Popped since then - in just one week.

Here is the garden, a bit bigger than the past years, and we got a fence to keep out the critters that like to eat new plants, unfortunately it doesn't keep out the birds, but we have a feeder to distract them away. So far the birds have only topped on pepper so far, which is pretty good from past experiences.

Lots of tomato plants!
Love volunteer plants, can't wait to see what they produce, I know it is a squash of some kind, just not sure which one.
Experimenting with watermelon this year, have two hills of 5 seeds, we have to wait and see if they even grow - these got planted on Saturday so I am not expecting anything just yet.
Peppers! got more little ones to get out hopefully soon!
First of the cucumbers! I am excited to get some good ones this year, planted seeds instead of plants hopefully I have better luck than in the past... time will tell.
Some cantaloupe I started over a month ago in the house, they seem to be coming out of the shock of being out in the sun all day long!
Eggplant, first time in my garden!
Cabbage, also a first!
Beens, one week of growth!



Here is the first of the zucchini! Kind of looks like some of the volunteer plants... hmmm. I doubt it, can't wait to see, last year the volunteer squash was butternut!




Lots to look forward to as the summer nears, although this month seems more like August!

No comments: